Thank you to Presenters and Participants
Thanks to all who worked to make the 2017 STAR Symposium a great success and to all of the presenters and participants from across the United States and Canada. The all-day virtual conference was held February 10, 2017. Here’s a quick summary of the day:
- The day started with a Keynote by Dr. Rajiv Jhangiani (Kwantlen Polytechnic University) on the importance of moving towards the use of open educational practices in our courses. His session, Innovating with Openness: Changing Our Approach, was recorded and is meant to be shared.
- The symposium featured twenty concurrent sessions that were delivered via four virtual meeting rooms throughout the day. A full list of sessions and presenters can be viewed in the STAR Symposium Conference Guide.
- The day concluded with a Featured Session by Dr. Hope Nordstrom & Keith O’Neal (both from Lipscomb University). Their session, EduBytes- The Digital Tool Buffet, was also recorded.
- There were 185 participants including participants from twenty-four Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, the University of Minnesota and from twenty other institutions.
- Altogether, there were participants and presenters from eighteen different states.
- New at this year’s symposium were the conference badges that were awarded to participants and presenters. Committee members also received a special badge.