Over the last year, members of the Faculty Development Committee (a statewide standing committee of the Academic Affairs Council) have worked to create a document to promote reflection and dialogue about effective online teaching practices.
Access this resource at http://bit.ly/WhatWorksWell
The document provides:
- A description of effective practices specific to instruction delivered online
- Guidance for new and experienced online or hybrid/blended instructors
- An opportunity for reflection and dialogue about online teaching
- An opportunity to align online courses or course components with shared standards of best practice and instructional design principles
What Works Well in Online Teaching” by the Minnesota State Faculty Development Committee, Colleges and Universities of Minnesota State is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 / A derivative from the original work developed by the Portland Community College Distance Learning Advisory Council.
Special shout out to the following Minnesota State faculty who worked to bring this together for all of us in the system:
- Elizabeth McMahon, Northland Community College and the Minnesota Online Quality Initiative
- Amy Jo Swing, Lake Superior College
- Jennifer Veltsos, Minnesota State University, Mankato
A note of thanks to Portland Community College for creating the original document, creative commons licensing it, and sharing it publicly on their website.
The following courses received QM Certification in May 2017!
Please congratulate these faculty course developers for their commitment to creating courses that demonstrate quality course design principles.
These courses have been formally reviewed and meet Quality Matters Standards for course design. QM certified courses are listed in QM’s national database of certified courses and each faculty member has been given a QM seal to display with the online or blended course.
Bemidji State University
- Ed 5100 Introduction to the Foundations of American Education (Blended Course) Faculty/ Course Developer: Jessamay Pesek
- BUAD 4467 Marketing Research (Blended Course) Faculty/ Course Developer: Kelly LaVenture
- BUAD 4468 Marketing Management (Blended Course) Faculty/ Course Developer: Kelly LaVenture
- ACCT3410 Fraud Examination Faculty/ Course Developer: William Joyce
- NRSG4210 Nursing Leadership & Management (Blended Course) Faculty/ Course Developer: Mary Fairbanks
- ACCT 3300 Government Accounting Faculty/ Course Developer: Mary DuBois
Lake Superior College
- MATH0460 Algebra I Faculty/ Course Developer: Wendy Graves
- MATH0470 Algebra II Faculty/ Course Developer: Wendy Graves
Riverland Community College
- BUSO 1604 Keyboarding I Faculty/ Course Developer: Heather Earl
- ACCT 1027 Accounting with Excel and Quickbooks Faculty/ Course Developer: Dan Wirkus
Minnesota State University, Mankato
- PSYC 466/566 Psychology of Aging Faculty/ Course Developer: Eric Sprankle
Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- ED 690 Teacher Leadership Faculty/ Course Developer: Michael Coquyt
- ED701 Intro. to Advanced Scholarship and Leadership Faculty/Course Developer: Boyd Bradbury
Winona State University
- ECON202 Principles of Macroeconomics Faculty/ Course Developer: Laura Carolevschi
- MKTG331 International Marketing Faculty/ Course Developer: Mark Young
View the list of all courses that have met QM Standards within the Colleges and Universities of Minnesota State & University of Minnesota.