The 2018 STAR Symposium was held February 9, 2018.
Sneak Peek of Conference Agenda
View the STAR Symposium 2018 conference agenda here: 2018 STAR Symposium Sneak Peek
There are nearly 25 sessions focused on to improving student learning, faculty support, course design and delivery, assessment practices, technology integration and student engagement strategies.
About the Symposium
The STAR Symposium celebrates excellence in teaching and learning by providing an avenue for individuals to share best practices, ideas and resources with colleagues. This virtual one-day conference will consist of presentations that focus on pedagogical approaches including delivery via face-to-face, blended, flipped and online classrooms.
The STAR Symposium focuses on topics related to quality initiatives and best practices (teaching, design, faculty support, etc.) for face-to-face, blended, and online courses and/or programs. Presentation tracks include:
- Faculty Development and Support
- Course Design and Delivery
- Grading, Assessment, and Feedback
- Student Engagement
- Technology Integration
- Measuring the Impact of Best Practices
- Other Innovations…
Join us to hear from experienced professionals about topics related to faculty support, course design and delivery, assessment practices, technology integration and student engagement strategies. This all-day virtual conference is open to higher education faculty and staff.
STAR Symposium 2018 Planning Committee
- Angie Anderson, Anoka Ramsey Community College
- Mary Bohman, Winona State University
- Miki Huntington, Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Carla Johansen, Minnesota Online
- Kimberly Johnson, Minnesota State System Office
- Elizabeth McMahon, Northland Community and Technical College
- Carrie Miller, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Robin O’Callaghan, Winona State University
- Rita Rahoi-Gilchrest, Winona State University
- Dorinda Sorvig, Northland Community and Technical College
- Darcy Turner, University of St. Thomas
- Roseann Wolak, St. Cloud State University