Based on recent questions we’ve received about how and where the QM course seal can be displayed, we thought it might be helpful to share the following guidelines from QM.
Courses that successfully meet QM Rubric standards in an official course review are eligible to carry the QM certification mark that is specific to the QM Rubric version used in the course review. Courses that meet QM Rubric Standards are listed in Quality Matters’ Registry of Courses that meet standards. Courses from QM affiliate subscribers in Minnesota that fall under the MOQI umbrella are also listed on this list: QM Recognized Courses in Minnesota.
- The use of the course certification mark is authorized by the QM Course Review department.
- Wherever the certification mark is displayed, the following text may be displayed: “This mark certifies this meets Quality Matters course design standards.”
- QM certification marks are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. The certification marks are only used in connection with the course title under review and the faculty developer associated with the course under review.
- The certification mark on a course is not transferable to another instructor. Please refer to the QM multi-sectional policy for master courses and course clones.
- Courses more than five (5) years old must be recertified if they wish to continue to display the QM certification mark. For courses that have undergone significant revision before their five-year anniversary, recertification is required sooner.
- The certification mark is meant to be displayed on the course syllabus or within the course in the organization’s learning management system (not on the student registration page).
- The certification mark is not transferable to another institution.
- The certification mark cannot be displayed on a course delivered in another format (i.e. certification for online course cannot be transferred to a hybrid or blended course).
- Only courses that have completed a successful QM review and have been awarded the QM certification mark are eligible to be listed as having met QM standards.
Information in this post was taken from a QM document titled “QM Program Course Reviews and Certification Mark Guidelines for QM Subscribers”